Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chapter 11: Genesis' Version






Dear Diary

Things have been going pretty well here lately. Winter is in full swing, and while we've had a lot of snow, there hasn't been enough yet for them to cancel school.

Dad's been pretty busy at work the past week or two and has been pulling some very late hours. He says he can't talk about what's going on, but I do know there's been a lot of high level military officers and political types being seen arriving and leaving the base. I suppose it could be another discussion about possibly closing the base, or it could be another secret military breakthrough. It's hard to tell with Area 42; stuff like that is happening all the time.






Dad's been feeling pretty guilty about leaving me alone so much. I keep explaining to him that I've got Canus to protect me when he's gone, so I feel pretty safe. As our mailman will attest, Canus is pretty fearsome. Still, it does get kind of lonely.

As Dad was heading out one evening for another long night on base, I asked quick if I could invite Allyn and some others over to study, since we had semester tests coming up soon. Dad told me that was fine, so long as they weren't here too late. It was a school night after all.






Well, it turned out that Tosha was on a date, but everyone else was available. Carl said he'd swing by and pick up Allyn, and Spencer told me he'd be right over. I figured a little dinner before we started studying might be nice, so I pulled some pork chops out of the freezer. I've gotten pretty good at cooking from watching the Yummy Channel, Diary. I think I might even be able to get a scholarship for it. Dad still storms off when Grill of the Golden West comes on through. Spencer told me he's related to the chef on it. Heh. Like I couldn't have guessed that.






Speaking of Spencer, he showed up right about the time I stuck the pork chops in the oven, and not too long after that Allyn called and told me that she and Carl weren't going to be able to make it. It seems they got a little 'distracted' after he showed up to pick her up. I'd almost accuse of her planning this too, to give Spencer and I a little time alone, except that Spencer didn't know anything about what she was up to when I mentioned it to him. And knowing Allyn and Carl, 'distracted' is probably a bit of a mild term to use *giggle*





I suppose I should be a little worried, being all alone with a guy. I mean, who knows what could happen. You hear all sorts of horror stories on the news these days; I can sorta understand why Dad worries about me. Still, I know I don't have any reason to be worried around Spencer.

Besides Diary, I've got Canus and he's not going to allow anyone to mess with me.






We actually got quite a bit of studying done while dinner finished cooking. I do have to wonder though Diary why Spencer isn't in the honors classes with me. He knew the stuff he was studying for his classes inside and out, and even knew some of things I was studying for class better than I did. Well, except for the math.

I tried to ask him about it while we were eating, but he was quite good at tap dancing around the subject.






When I asked Spencer what he wanted to study after dinner, he looked a little evasive for a moment, then asked if I might be interested in something other than studying. He explained that he wondered if I was maybe interested in dancing or anything, since we'd turned the radio on while we were studying.


I thought about it a moment...






and decided that sounded like a pretty fun idea, and a nice break from studying.

Canus gave us a good sniff, decided we weren't doing anything at the moment that he'd have to bite us for, and wandered off to sleep on Dad's bed.






Turns out Spencer isn't too bad of a dancer. Certainly a lot better than I am. I haven't really danced with anyone since I was a kid, balancing on Dad's toes.






Well the DJ started playing some slow swing tune, and I was going to go and change the station to something a little more popular when Spencer stopped me. He asked me if he could have this dance, just as if we were at some formal ball. How could I say no?






Spencer's even better at dancing 'up close', Diary. *giggle* And he didn't step on my toes once. Not that I would've minded at all...

Seeing what we were up to, Canus jumped off the bed and gave Spencer the once over before he wandered off to chew on his kong. I guess this means we've got my guardian's blessing at least. *chuckle*






Spencer did start to get a little flirty with me Diary...






Okay, so maybe he wasn't the only one getting a little flirty.






Next thing I know, Spencer's kissing me. It was just like at the skating rink, with all the bells and fireworks, only so much better...






He can really sweep a girl off her feet...






My head was spinning when he finally set me on my feet. Wow, can he kiss! And you know what Diary...






I... um.... think I might be in love him. Why else would I get all giddy whenever I'm around him?

I wonder what he thinks about me.






Well the DJ finally went to extended commercial, so we turned off the radio and sat down to watch some TV. One of the recent spy movies was showing on cable so we settled in to watch that.

Spencer asked if I wanted to scoot a little closer, saying I'd enjoy the movie more if I did.






Boy Diary, was he right. I certainly did enjoy it a lot more, and I think he did too. Especially that really scary chase and kidnapping scene. I think Spencer jumped more during it than I did.






Unfortunately, we were so engrossed in the movie, I didn't hear Dad come home early from the base.






He didn't take things real well.

We're in so much trouble Diary.


Genesis



Turn the Page
Go Back a Page

Labels:



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh...the Dad came home...to see a green boy cuddling with his baby girl on the couch. This is so not good...

July 25, 2007 at 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. This can't be good. Not only is there a green guy in the house, he's got his arm around his daughter. Yeah, Dad is going to freak out!

July 25, 2007 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger MysticSpirit said...

I knew this time was coming. I knew it! I knew things couldn't be lollipops and sunflowers all the time. He had to find out sooner or later! This is bad. This is bad, bad, BAD! Poor Spencer and Genesis.

July 25, 2007 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Arkali said...

Man. I saw the train coming as soon as it became clear it was just the two of them. But yeah - this is bad.

July 25, 2007 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

*chewing fingernails* I hope Genesis doesn't get into too much trouble.

July 26, 2007 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home