Friday, July 20, 2007

Chapter 9: Spencer

Empty Musing: Spencer's Sixth Entry




Hey Book, I'm back! Just taking a moment out between chicks to catch you up on all the happenings around the place here lately.






Yep, you heard me Book. I'm rolling in the girls. Seems like somebody's always calling me, wanting to chat or something.






It's pretty cool, always having someone to do stuff or hang out with. I swear my social calendar is busier than Charity's these days.






Of course, it always seems like there's someone who's not too keen on doing the same things I want to.

I asked her if she wanted to do something different. The couch was available and we could... ya know... instead....

"Oh no," she said, "I'd love to play catch with you."






Girls. Who the heck can figure 'em out?






I can't even figure out my own sister. Cassie's been weirder than normal lately. She really started getting odd after my little... ah... unexpected trip and now she's running around calling herself "Princess Cassie" and me her "brave knight" and Charity an "evil stepsister". Um, hello... I'm no knight and Charity's not her stepsister. I think Mom needs to take a serious look at what she's reading to Cassie for bedtime stories.






Charity is still trying to get even with me for me getting even with her for trying to dress me up in pink. I have to admit, she's getting better. Maybe I better hit the treadmill and build up a little muscle so I can fight back.






But then I'm a bit too busy with my chicks to take time out to stare at the wall and run in place on the treadmill. Tosha called me the other night and asked me if I was interested in a little midnight fun out on the town. How could I say no?






I was a little surprised with Tosha's transportation when she showed up. Turns out her dad runs the limo service in town, running folks around to weddings and to the airport and stuff. She says she snitches her dad's limo all the time to sneak out.







I would've figured we'd have been busted for sure, but I guess when folks see a limo, they assume you're out doing stuff you're supposed to be doing. No one hassled us at all. There was one time I was sure the cops were going to bust us for being two kids out after curfew on a school night, but they just took one look at the limo and waved us along.






Getting back in the house was a little more tricky, but I guess Mom and Dad were... ah... 'occupied' in their room. I'm real glad Dad hasn't bought that guard dog for Charity yet.






I did nearly oversleep and miss the bus though. I was happily snoozing away, sleeping the sleep of the wild party animal, when the bus horn started blasting in through my awesome dreams. I slapped my uniform on and barely made it out to the bus in time. Maybe I need to start taking a nap if the afternoon if I'm gonna keep these late hours.






The sneaking out and hanging with my buds is starting to show in my grades too. Dad told me I better start hitting the books or else. I kinda agreed and said I would. I just didn't tell him which books I'd be hitting.

Whoa! My mom reads this stuff?! Some of this is steamier than the magazine I've got stuffed under my mattress.





All the reading and the big words started giving me a headache, so I figured I'd jog a few miles on the treadmill and work on getting in shape (so Charity can't try hauling me under her arm again). My plans were interrupted by a small catastrophe in the kitchen though. Dad was working on fixing Mr. Washie and kinda forgot to turn off the power first. He jammed his screwdriver someplace it shouldn't be and *boom!* instant lesson on the human skeleton. It was kinda cool in a "Oh gods Dad, don't kill yourself" sorta way. Luckily it didn't seem to hurt Dad beyond crisping him up real good and maybe toasting a few brain cells. I'm kinda glad that's all, since I'm not sure what we would've done if he had gotten hurt bad. Mom was at work and Charity was out on a date, so it was only me and Cassie at home with Dad.






But Dad must've really messed something up in Mr. Washie, or else there was a spork stuck in there someplace it shouldn't have been. Dad had no sooner been able to drag himself away from the live current than the whole thing went up in flames. Eventually the fire department did show up to put out the flames. It wasn't the hot firefighter babe though.






Oh, and I was wrong just a moment ago. Cassie and I weren't the only ones home... but it's not like the other person there would've been of any help. She slept through the whole dishwasher incident.

This is Waggles. She's Charity's kitty. We stopped by the pound when we were out buying clothes recently (when Charity bought me that pink monstrosity) and Sis fell in love with her. She's a real sweetheart. Waggles that is, not Charity.






Well Book, I'm sure you're wondering what's up with Genesis, since I've commented before about how my stomach starts doing flip flops and my knees get all wobbly when I'm around her. I hadn't run into her at the Academy yet, which was starting to make me wonder. She told me she was going there and there's like only one private school in town. So where was she?

Turns out Tosha rides the same bus as Genesis and she's been over to her house to study a few times. It seems the reason I never run into Genesis in the halls is because she's up on the third floor where all those honors and high level classes get taught. My classes are down on the ground floor and they... well... aren't exactly 'honors' classes. Tosha also told me that Genesis' dad is real protective of her too. I guess her mom died when Genesis was little and now her dad is being all overly careful and restrictive about what she can do and where she can go and even who she can be friends with. That must be why she looked so nervous when I ran into her downtown.






Cassie's been calling me her knight lately, and with Genesis locked up in her house like Rapunzel in her tower, I figured I might as well live up to my new title and do something about Genesis not having a chance to go out and hang with the rest of us. So I called up her house one night to see if she wanted to hit the town with me. I figured if her dad answered, I'd say it was a wrong number and hang up. But Genesis answered instead.






She was happy to hear from me and real interested in sneaking out for a bit with me. Seems she snuck out the night I met her downtown too but hadn't been able to get out again since. She even surprised me by saying she's pick me up; sure enough, she was waiting for me out front a few minutes later.






Genesis explained that if I'd showed up to pick her up, their dog would probably have gone ballistic since he doesn't know me. That would've woken her dad up and we'd both have been busted.

Genesis' was probably right and it probably was best that she pick me up, but in the end it really didn't matter.






It seems the cops were paying a little more attention tonight than they were when me and Tosha were out. As soon as they realized we were two kids out past curfew, they 'wanted to have a little talk' with us. Since I knew Genesis would get in serious trouble if her dad found out about us sneaking out, I told her I'd distract the cops so she could jump in the car and get outta there. Heh, maybe Cassie is right and I am some sorta knight. A real gentleman. *sigh*

Well, Dad wasn't too thrilled be woken up in the middle of the night by the police and he was even less thrilled after the "what sort of parent are you?" lecture they nailed him with. Between this and my grades, he's pretty pissed with me. He told me I'm grounded until I'm getting As in school. @&*%, I'm going to be grounded till I graduate college. Maybe I can talk Mom into giving me a reprieve. Hmm... what if I blame it on Tosha... or maybe Charity's boyfriend Matthew. Yeah, Matthew.

I just hope Genesis didn't get caught by her dad.


Turn the Page
Go Back a Page

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger Arkali said...

Aw, now, Spencer. Not accepting responsibility isn't very manly of ya, hun. But he's such a sweetie :)

July 20, 2007 at 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I love Spencer. Sure he's irresponsible, but he's a teenager--they're supposed to be irresponsible. I really hope he and Genesis find each other in college. I think they're meant for each other. *nods* Of course, her dad would freak out...but oh well! Hehe.

July 20, 2007 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Spencer certainly is a lady's man, isn't he. The Stud Muffin. :O)) He's gonna be hawt as an adult.

And I think things might get bad for Genesis ... poor kid. :O((

July 20, 2007 at 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Genesis. I hope that Genesis can either cool her father down on the whole green thing or at least escape from him enough to be happy.

July 21, 2007 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger EO said...

Oh Spencer is so charming! I love how your teens are always sneaking out. I should let mine do that more often... I do feel bad for Genesis. And Mr.Washie. I had no idea dish washers were flammable. Was that for real?

July 23, 2007 at 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im beginning to suspect its orrin... wild guess

September 6, 2007 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home