Sunday, June 24, 2007

Chapter 5: Genesis

Empty Musings: Genesis, second entry




Dear Diary

Sorry it's been a while since I last wrote, but things have been really busy here. The first day at a new school is always rough. You'd think after all the new schools I've had recently I'd be old hat at this. Ha. I wish. Still, I made lots of new friends my first few days.






Allyn Fleig's family has been in Muse Ridge since the beginning. She was actually born here and she makes sure she tells everyone about it! I don't know if she should be proud of that or not. I mean, from what I understand, this isn't the sort of place to be proud to be from. I guess it started a while ago as some guy's dream of an "ideal community". When all the people he'd sold land to showed up to move in, he lit out for parts unknown with their money. Well, all the people who were tricked into moving here were too stubborn to pack up and move back and they decided to make a go of it here. Now it's starting to get popular as a 'bedroom community' for the military base. But in Allyn's case, if her family's been here since the start it means they were foolish enough to fall for the whole scheme. Not something I'd be boasting about.






Carl's family moved here a couple years ago. His dad is Dr. Kim, once of the chief surgeons over at Muse Memorial hospital. Carl wants to be a doctor just like his dad. He's in all the honors classes with me. We take turns copying each other's homework. *giggle*






When I first met Spencer, I had to do a double take. I mean, he's green! Turns out all his family's green: his dad, Dr. Severn, and his sisters Charity and Cassiopeia. His dad moved here from the town by the military base, which is where his family's from. Considering how much Dad dislikes aliens I can understand why we didn't move there now. The place must be crawling with green folks. Still Spencer is awesome fun. I just better not let Dad know about him. He'd go crazy if he found out my best friend is an alien. Or half alien. Or whatever Spencer is to make him green.






Anyway, school was going pretty good for me. Then one day when I was getting off the bus Dad asked me to go put on my pretty dress because we were having a special guest tonight. He said to wait out front and greet him when he showed up, because Dad had to cook dinner.






I'll admit, I got a little distracted and didn't notice the big car pull up at first.
I was expecting a general or somebody from the military base, but this odd guy in a strange suit got out. Turns out he was a headmaster for Parnassus Academy. If Dad and I impressed him, I might be accepted into the private school. Carl just got accepted there the other day.






I was excited about getting into private school, but it seemed like the headmaster was doing everything he could to prevent it. I tried to ask him some questions about the school, but he wouldn't talk to me. Then over dinner he started talking about all this global peace stuff. Um... hello... don't let the fancy suit fool you Mister Headmaster. Dad's like special forces or something like that over at the base. He's not too keen on any sorta talk that might result in him losing his job.

Well, at least Dad didn't burn dinner.






Despite everything, we did something right (or the headmaster didn't try hard enough to rile Dad up) and I got accepted to Parnassus Academy. Yay! Spencer goes there too, although he just had his birthday so he's in the upper grades now.






I just had to stick this picture in here diary. Doesn't Dad look sharp in his fancy suit? I don't think I've seen him ever wear it before.






Most of the time he doesn't look so nice and polished. If he's not getting all sweaty working out then he's coming back from work all dirty and grubby and stuff. But I guess when you're protecting the Sim World from mad scientists, criminal masterminds, and evil overlords, you're bound to get a little stinky.






Dad's been earning promotions left and right, which means he's been hitting the books even more than I have. Sometimes it feels like I'm still at school. I've got kids trying to cheat and peek over my shoulder there too.






Parnassus Academy turned out to be not too much different from Euterpe Elementary. Recess is longer and the classes are more fun. I could do without the itchy uniforms though.






I was hoping that classes might be a little more challenging there, since public school was really easy for me. Well, I'm sure that once I hit the upper grades, things will pick up for me. Speaking of which...






Tonight was my birthday. Hello Teendom! We invited just a couple friends over to celebrate. Carl and Allyn, and Carl's uncle Pao. I wanted to invite Spencer, but I figured that was just asking for trouble. I'm sure that vein on Dad's forehead would start throbbing fit to burst if some green guy showed up on the doorstep claiming to be my best friend.






And the most important part of the whole night, blowing out the candles and making that wish. I had no idea to wish for. Allyn says she's going to wish for a nose job or implants when her birthday comes around next week. Er... no thanks... I'm sure I'll think of something.






Hey, that went well, didn't it? Dad even managed to find some pretty cute clothes for me. You can't hear him Diary, but he's complaining that I'm going to drive him prematurely gray.






I don't know why he'd be thinking that, even if I did grow up really cute. I'd never do anything to worry him. I love my daddy.

Besides, he already has the guard dog. He just needs to get the shotgun now.

Well, I've got to run Diary. I've got cake to eat. I can't wait to see Spencer's face when I run into him in the halls at school tomorrow.

TTFN *smooch*

Genesis Lillard


Turn the Page
Go Back a Page

Labels:



4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yep, Genesis is going to cause her daddy all sorts of worring.

July 2, 2007 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Genesis is very beautiful. She'll be a knockout as an adult when she grows into all of her womanly charms. What's he aspiration?

July 2, 2007 at 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! She is a beauty!!! I love how they got all dressed up for the headmaster's visit. And she wants to see Spencer's reaction...I wonder if there will a romance blooming between those too. Someone I think Daddy Genesis would not be thrilled with that one.

July 19, 2007 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Arkali said...

Heh. What Heather said. But - she came by it honest. Daddy's pretty hot, himself ;-)

July 20, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home